Hello!! I used to post this weekly but the weeks have run into months and I feel like I am one giant work in progress. I will just make a giant catch up list:
1) I am in the executing phase of getting XO, Monica Lee launched. While I have had a nifty landing page for a bit, behind it I am making gianormous strides. It is all coming together and my studio looks like a bomb went of in it. Thankfully, I am not doing video and having to cleaning it on a regular basis. It’s all worth it, how exciting does this look!??
2) I have been sketching on regular basis. I have been frustrated with my tighter style for some time now and when I took myself away from my desk and even my studio with an old fashion pen (found in Paris-but still) and a stack of sketch books, I am finally able “PLAY ART.” Tough gig for a Virgo like me. I even built my own little gallery at MonicaLeeStudios.com to remind myself that relaxing after a day of working away on projects is a good thing.
3) I have been sketching up a storm on Instagram @XO_monicalee and even built a new account @XO_MonicaLee for the new biz. Still on the fence on whether I can manage both. Considering just showing up as “Monica” on one account. Your thoughts are welcome.
4) I am a New York City girl lately. back and forth several times in several weeks. If you can, Come see me at Rachel Low’s Book party on May 2. I illustrated her cute cute book Girl’s Guide to DIY Fashion and she throws an awesome shindig..and her neighborhood is to die for.
You can get all the details here. Her shop is ADORABLE and I will be doing LIVE sketching. She even made wallpaper out of some on my illustrations and lined her shelves with them! Wild!
5) I am also speaking on a Surtex panel Sunday morning May 17th! I am discussing ways to monetize your art, Licensing, Selling and Beyond. How many fingers do you need and in how many pies? Let’s discuss. Come join us! I would love to meet you anytime, if you see me-grab me and say hello!!!
Some pics from Helen’s workshop: